The Negative Trait Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Flaws
Crafting likable, interesting characters is a balancing act, and finding that perfect mix of strengths…
Traditional principles. Contemporary methods. Unparalleled results.
This groundbreaking new writing series combines time-tested classical techniques―the imitation and analysis of great writers―with original composition exercises in history, science, biography, and literature.
• One- and two-level outlining
• Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
• Constructing basic literary essays on fiction and poetry
• Researching and documenting source material
• First volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition
Features of the program:
• Writing assignments are modeled on examples from great literature and classic nonfiction
• All source material for assignments is provided―no other books are needed
• This Student Workbook encourages independence by directing all assignments to the student
• Instructor Text (sold separately) provides scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work
• First volume of four that will prepare students for high-level rhetoric and composition Black-and-white illustrations throughout